Jupyter Hub - jupiter.levich.net¶
Page last updated on: 2020-03-28
Server name: jupiter.levich.net
Off-campus access: Yes
Configuration: The littlest jupyterhub (TLJH)
Function: Give users web access to analyze data on other Levich servers.
Account application: Application form
How to use¶
After you obtained the account, point browser to
login with the credential your admin gives to you.
From there, follow documentation of Jupyter Notebook.
Request access to your data on other servers¶
The easiest way is to ask me firstname.lastname@example.org to establish a file sharing between your data server and jupiter. There are, however, ways that you can do it by yourself.
- sshfs, mount a remote file system in user space
- magic wormhole to transfer files and folders. This can cross firewall.
- rsync or scp to transfer files
There is no mechanism to change password within Jupyter Hub control panel yet. Please ask me email@example.com to reset password for you.
- magic wormhole (for file and directory transfering)
Install additional packages¶
- You can install additional Python packages under your environment in Jupyter shell.
- If you think other users may use a package, email me firstname.lastname@example.org and I will install it in a global environment.